Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Alive

when its all over, over for me
the world will be gone and i can be free
the chains that hold me, hold me down
are not seen, yet easily, easily found
just as tight a grip they have on me
i have just as much on them you see.
the very thing that bounds me here
is the very thing i love yet fear
yin and yang as some may say
but its all the same either way
to stand up in this world alone
is the struggle i try, i try to own;
the old man sits and thinks away
while the young man fights, fights all day
decrepitness eats as flesh decays
while youth shines bright, bright as day.
to truly know, know something for sure
one must become it, and nothing more
it is loneliness i am and it i endure.
leave me alone, alone i say
i do not wish to become play
play is what children are
and i have not travelled near this far
to lose sight of what is to come
when all is over said and done
but what is the point of death if one is none?
am i really alive? have i even begun?
i am not alive and i have not lived at all
i hold nothing dear in this world so small
one cannot be one if there isnt another
life doesnt work that way, ask any other
my life is not over, yet it hasnt begun
this is something none of you can ever understand
i am stuck here, alone in my desolate wasteland
neither living nor dead
this is my realm, the only one i dread
it seems that none of you can even see me
but just how can, how can that be?
when i have been reaching out to you for all eternity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home