Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Different Man

a time ago it was indeed
when a very funny thing was said to me
"look at who you are,
and be who you say
life just works out better this way"
i took the advice but to my dismay
i realized that this didnt apply to me persay
nobody likes meeting a person if they dont have to hunt
a man of mystery; now thats what they want
with this new notion in mind
a new me was born, a worthy find
sure i wasnt myself but look what id become
in me an intristing, perplexing thing had begun
i met new people made new friends
i was in a new world of make pretend
but soon after i was figured out
no one cared for me anymore without a doubt
everyone was off to the newer more interesting fellow
i was again left alone, alone and mellow
covering up who i really am
made me waste my life as this man
but was it worth it? what enjoyment i had
was better than none at all so was it so bad?
if i couldnt be me was i any better as a different man?
or is it that no one likes me no matter who i am?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home